William H. Johnson (American, 1901–1970) Harriet Tubman, c. 1945 Harriet Tubman’s striking, resolute figure stands at attention in this painting by William H. Johnson, part of his 1945 Fighters for Freedom series. The American artist had returned to the United States from Scandinavia only a few years earlier, motivated by the threat of war and a need to paint the lives and histories of Black Americans. He created numerous powerful scenes, such as the painting featured for this 500-piece jigsaw puzzle.
- Gather with family and friends for puzzle-piecing together!
- Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
- High-quality 250-GSM matte art paper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
- Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
- Produced using thick recycled paper board
- Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
- Box size: 8.625" x 10.625" x 1.875"
- Puzzle size: 18" x 24"