by Jonathan Adler
Adler has given his iconic Muse collection a face lift. Actually, more like a de-face lift. Subversive signs and symbols rendered in glittering gold adorn the glossy high fired porcelain pieces—signature favorites with the glamour cranked up to 11.
Wrapped in an expressive collection of moody mouths, the Gilded Gala Round Vase is a kiss of cool for your table, mantel, or shelf. Inspired by Gala, wife and muse of surrealist painter and printmaker, Salvador Dalí.
Jonathan sculpts and throws the models for our Muse pottery and then substitutes our signature geometric relief patterns with body parts—faces, breasts, lips—to create a surreal style. Pieces are inspired by our favorite artists' muses.
- Measurements: 6" Dia., 10" H
- High-fired porcelain with real gold accents and a glossy glazed exterior, glazed interior
- Jonathan was (and is) a potter first: rough, smooth, glossy or mottled, each piece of our pottery still starts its journey in our Soho pottery studio where he and his team sculpt the original model in clay
- Dust with a soft, dry cloth
- Hand wash or spot clean with mild soap and water only